As the world Health Organisation declared this situation a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC) there seems to be a great deal of information flow from many agencies. The LCAQD released a statement last week encouraging the communities and agencies of the LCAQD to:
- remain vigilant to Government directions regarding this PHEIC
- support Government containment strategies
- establish relevant mechanisms to address this PHEIC
- actively care for the needy, the sick and vulnerable who are affected by this PHEIC.
LEQ knows that all Lutheran schools are maintaining appropriate approaches to this event, but should you need further information and guidance we encourage you to monitor the following information sources:
- World Health Organization – https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
- Australian Department of Health – https://www.health.gov.au/news/coronavirus-update-at-a-glance