It is not true to say that the services offered by the Secretariat have been withdrawn during semester 1, but it would be accurate to say that the services we have been offering have been different. Very different.
Governance workshops, Principals and Business Managers gatherings and COVID reflection tools delivered by Zoom are great examples of still doing but doing differently. COVID memorandum, EB communiques and DMI data tables have been the new reality.
The good news is that ‘normal service’ has now resumed. Earlier this week, the first cohort of Equip Unit 1 participants spent 2 days at Redeemer LC with Stephanie Maher and Monica Altmann. Two more cohorts are holding their first 2 days in early August. The recommencement if the important task of assisting to prepare teachers for the difficult role of teaching CS is significant and not a second too soon.
Other face to face (and virtual) learning and networking opportunities offered by LEQ in July and August include:
- 30 July Restorative Practices (RP) Webinar with Graham George
- 31 July CS Leaders Network Day
- 4 Aug Service Learning Champions Network
- 6-7 Aug Equip Unit 1 Cohort B
- 12-13 Aug Equip Unit 1 Cohort C
- 14-15 Aug Bushwhackers Principals and Deputy Principals
- 17-19 Aug Marg Thorsborne 3 Day RP Training
- 21 Aug Remote CS Leaders online workshop
- 24 Aug Marketing Network
- 27-28 Aug Principals’ Spiritual Retreat
- 31 Aug Equip Unit 1 Cohort A final day
It is great to be back in action. Please promote the events and ensure your school is represented. I know all activities will meet the needs of your communities.