Jill Willis, Associate Professor from QUT is offering a free professional learning opportunity for LEQ schools interested in School Spaces For Student Wellbeing and Learning. This workshop is designed for schools with innovative learning environments or are embarking on this journey. The focus will be on how innovative learning environments typically challenge teacher practice and how the Salutogenic framework can support this.
DATE: 5 September 2023
TIMES: 9:00 am TO 2:00 pm
Lunch and morning tea provided.
LOCATION: LEQ, Level 2, 24 McDougall St, Milton, QLD 4064 Or Online
TARGET AUDIENCE: School leaders, curriculum heads and teachers.
We will focus on helping teachers come to know:
- Why are schools investing in Innovative Learning Environments?
- How do ILEs typically challenge teacher practice (with an activity for reflective self-evaluation and sharing)
- Introduce the idea of a Salutogenic framework (manageable, comprehensible and meaningful) as a shared language to help teachers make sense of adapting their practices to ILEs
- Introduce the idea of affordances of ILE with a practical activity.
- Focus on one aspect of proactive pedagogy – managing talk.
- Introduce the potential for ongoing collaborative inquiry
Director Learning & Innovation