With an ongoing commitment to school improvement, LEQ schools are always working towards ensuring not only are they implementing the curriculum to best support learning outcomes but also to ensure compliance with legislative and funding requirements. Significant work goes into the school compliance review processes with the educational program being a large component of this work. Schools are also dealing with the introduction of version 9 of the Australian Curriculum.
To support our schools with this important work, ISQ has agreed to deliver a 1-day workshop for our schools as follows:
- Understand the three levels of curriculum planning, the templates that may be used and what is significantly different between each level.
- Practical examples to ensure alignment between the whole school curriculum plan, year level and unit plans.
- A quick coverage of the key terminology (content descriptors, general capabilities, achievement standards, learning progressions, elaborations etc) and how these inform planning.
- reporting and assessment and the importance of the standard elaborations and task specific rubrics
- mock audit of a common (anonymous) unit of work
- scaffolded support for each school to audit their own units of work
- support with each school to determine what next steps must be taken to ensure their units are compliant.
Date: Monday 8 May
Venue: St Peters Lutheran College Indooroopilly
Target Audience: School leaders, curriculum heads and senior teachers
Cost: $100 per person
What to bring: an example of a unit plan that you would like to work through, moderate with peers and then identify what actions may be required